Wednesday 30 March 2011

Tidy Mind, Tidy Stitches – 2KCBWDAY3

Day Three: 30th March. Tidy mind, tidy stitches.

How do I organise my stash?  Not very well really.  It's in various containers and bags.  I did buy two big bags from Lidl last week. They're those under-bed storage bags that are designed for putting winter duvets in when you swap to a summer-weight one, etc.  As someone who hates being cold and has a winter duvet on in summer and a winter duvet + patchwork quilt made with thermal wadding in winter, I don't need duvet storage.  So, I've half-heartedly organised my yarn stash so that all of my acrylic and cotton yarns are in one of these storage bags.  The rest of my stash is in a few baskets and I've also got a couple of sweater's worth of yarns on the shelf in my wardrobe.  Oh, and my 'best' sock yarn is in a flowery bag (so I can grab it in an emergency!). 

One day, I  will have a room that's just for me, in which I will arrange my yarn-stash on shelves, my fabric (although I haven't got a great deal of that) will be neatly folded and my books, both fiction and non-fiction, will be on shelves rather than in boxes.  I don't think it's going to be this decade though!

Some of my yarn is documented on my Ravelry page, but I go through stages of listing it as soon as I buy it and not getting round to it, so it's not up to date and, if I'm honest, I'm not sure I want to see exactly how much I've got.  Maybe once I've knitted my stash down a bit I'll be more up-front about how much I've actually got!

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel, I haven't even started listing my stash on Raverly yet. I just don't want to know...
    Anyway it is more fun to pull it all out and go thru it every once in a while, that way I never forget what I have.

    ReplyDelete