Thursday 11 October 2012

Ten Things

Ten things to summarise Life since my last blog post.

1.  I came down with a real stinker of a cold a couple of weeks ago.  One of the achey, sniffly, chesty, coughy, have-to-drag-myself-out-of-bed-each-morning types of cold.  I'm much better now, but it still hasn't gone.

2.  After just over six weeks of the girls being on summer holidays and then three and a bit weeks of hubby being on holiday from work, I was quite looking forward to getting my house back in my sole possession (at least between 8.30am and 3.30pm) from last week.

3.  Number 2. didn't happen.  Hubby hasn't got anything on work-wise that really requires his presence in London or elsewhere, so he's still at home.  Well, except for last week when on Weds he left the house at 11am, had an evening meeting that went on very late, so he stayed in a hotel overnight and then arrived home at 2.30pm the following day.

4.  After I'd dropped hubby off at the train station (I think that was partly so I could be sure he'd actually gone!!) I went into Colchester, despite feeling rubbish, and did the paperwork to buy DD1's clarinet.

5.  The result of number 3. and 4. meant that I actually had about six daytime hours to myself at home, plus a couple of hours on Weds evening.  I think that makes it a total of something like twelve 'me-hours' since the end of the last school year in July (popping to the supermarket doesn't count).  It certainly feels like it and probably explains quite a lot of things, especially my feelings of irritation and wanting to say "please just all go away and leave me in peace for a bit".

6.  Friday last week I went back into Colchester to pick up DD1's new clarinet.  It's very shiny and nice-looking and she's now getting used to it.

7.  Number 4. and 6. mean that I won't be going to Ally Pally this year because I've spent all my spare money.  To be honest, I'm not that fussed as there's nothing I particularly want to buy or see, so I'll save money over the next year and will plan to go to the 2013 show instead (yes, I know I probably said that last year, but I've still got lots of yarn in my stash).

8.  I've barely done any spinning while I've had this cold (and time constraints), so there's nothing to show.

9.  I've done some knitting on my Color Affection scarf/wrap.  I'm on the middle section where the second colour's introduced and striped with the first colour.  Later today I'm hoping to start the next section where the third colour's introduced.

I'm generally pleased with it, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to make the edge look neater once it's soaked and blocked.

It's difficult keeping the edge neat but relaxed, especially when changing colour every two rows.

10.  I've knitted a hat, but think it might be a bit small. I shall soak and block it and then see what I think and will show you next time because it's a nice pattern. 


No comments:

Post a Comment