Tuesday 9 April 2013

One-Row Handspun Scarf

Way back in December, I made this post about some yarn I'd spun to make a scarf.  A couple of months later I showed you the work-in-progress.  But, I never got round to photographing the finished item.

Here it is:



The reason I didn't take photos is because it's been so bloomin' cold that as soon as it was off the needles and had had a wash, I started wearing it.

And very cosy it is too.  Because it's from my own handspun yarn (which takes me ages to do - I haven't been brave enough to try spinning on a lower whorl which makes the bobbin spin faster), I wanted to use it all up.  This has resulted in the scarf being long.  Long enough to wrap twice round my neck.  With hindsight, I could have cast on four or eight more stitches and it would still have been long enough (this baby's longer than I am tall), but wrapping it twice round my neck works well too.

I think this is some of my best spinning to date (says she, in a self-congratulatory way).  I think the colours blend nicely and the pattern's very easy and one I'd recommend - Ravelry link .

Back to knitting my greeny-blue socks now.  I've got 13 rounds of ribbing and casting off to do, so I'll probably be back tomorrow to show them off.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous wool and scarf, nice that you've had so many chances to wear it - every cloud...!
    (Terdotty on Rav)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, it looks like the brioche stitch.

    ReplyDelete