Tuesday 10 January 2017

2016 - A round-up

I'm going to admit to being a little bit lazy.  I was going to find photos of things I completed during 2016 and make a photo mosaic type 'thing', but then remembered that I put tags on my projects last year, so - ta-da - I'm able to link to my Ravelry projects page instead and if you type 2016 into the search box, it should go to a page with just my 2016 FOs showing.  Well, most of them because there are a few projects that I didn't list.

Anyway - in total, I knitted, crocheted or wove just over 20.4 km of yarn, which is 12.7 miles (that's more or less the distance to my parents' house and back).

There were:

Blankets: 9, including 4 preemie-sized ones (to be donated to the local hospital, I think).  7 were crocheted and 2 were knitted and 3 were from the same pattern.

Cardigans: 2.  One for me and one for DD2.

Cushion covers: 1 (the crocheted spiral one).

Dog bowl mat: 1 (crocheted with yarn leftovers for my mucky dog who drips water after she's finished drinking).

Hats: 8, all knitted.

Sparkly hedgehogs: 6 (and I've got yarn for 2 more).

Scarves: 5 (3 knitted, 2 woven).

Socks: 7 pairs.

Sweaters: 3 (all knitted).

Tea towels: 1 set of 3, woven using the same warp.

I think it was the crocheted blankets that pushed the yarn total up so high and I'll be surprised if I get through that much yarn in 2017.

I didn't get much spinning done last year.  I spun the yarn for a sweater that's currently on the needles and one other skein, but that was all.  Poor Betty (my wheel) must have felt rather neglected, but since the girls went back to school last Thursday I've had her out, spinning some yarn that I plan to knit into some socks.

Here's the link to my project page on Ravelry:

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Christine65

As I said earlier in this post, if you type 2016 into the search box, it will filter so just last year's FOs show up.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a massive amount to have achieved in one year!!! Well done you!!! I hope that 2017 is also a great crafting year for you!

    ReplyDelete