Friday, 17 June 2011

DECO - one sleeve finished

I've neglected my Deco cardigan a bit this week.  I've got a cold and was feeling a bit sorry for myself, so I finished knitting a shawl instead.  The Wendy Johnson Summer Mystery Shawlette.  It's waiting to be blocked, but that won't happen until next week.

This morning though, I got on with the cuff of the first sleeve of my Deco cardigan and cast it off at knitting group this morning (then I worked on a plain sock for the rest of the time there as I didn't want to be picking up stitches around the armhole as well as trying to carry on a conversation).

I made the cuff a bit shorter than the pattern called for.  I did 112 rounds of stocking stitch for the arm length and then 28 rounds of the Deco slipped rib pattern before doing a 'normal' cast off as I prefer a firm cast off at the end of sleeves.

The short-rowed sleeve set-in gives a neat 'seam'.  I'll need to tweak a couple of stitches when I do the finishing off, but I'm happy with the way it's worked out.

And here's a pic of the whole sleeve and shoulder:

One  more sleeve, two button bands and the collar to knit, ends to sew in, two lengths of ribbon to sew in as band linings and then buttons and snaps to sew on, blocking and then it'll be wearable!  It seems quite a lot when it's typed out.

In other news this week, there's been more helicopter activity here over the last few days than usual.  We're about 20 miles south-east of Wattisham air-field and it's been reported in the press that HRH Prince Harry is there for a few months training in Apache helicopters.  At least this time the helicopter flew right over and didn't hover over our housing estate doing manoeuvres (which I'm sure they're not supposed to do) which we had a couple of summers ago.  This was the best picture I could get - it was sunny and they do fly quite fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment