Friday 8 March 2013

Dear Mum...

Happy Mothering Sunday.

I know it's a couple of days ahead of the actual day, but I finished knitting my Mum's Leftie scarf on Wednesday, sewed in some of the ends on Wednesday evening, finished them off on Thursday morning before popping it in the washing machine on a quick, lowish spin cycle (King Cole Merino Blend yarn = superwash) and then pinning it out on mats to block.

Here it is (a bit blurry I'm afraid - Jess kept trying to get in on the action).


A closer-up shot of some of the leaves:


And here it is, rolled up, just waiting to be wrapped up before I give it to my Mum as her Mothering Sunday gift.  I think my siblings and I are all meeting up at our parents' house on Sunday morning at the same time.  It's not very often that we're all in the same place at the same time these days.


So, some statistics.

The pattern is Leftie by Martina Behm.

The yarn I used was King Cole Merino Blend 4ply in Navy, Fuschia and Cream (the same colours from the DK range I used for Mum's crocheted cloche-type hat at Christmas).

Needle was a 2.5mm Addie Turbo.  If I made this again, I'd go up to a 2.75mm or 3mm.  The cord on this particular circular has gone a bit stiff, so I might bin it.

I can now get on with the socks and jumper I was knitting before I decided to concentrate on Leftie - and get some spinning done.

Have a good weekend everyone.  Looking out of the window at the grey, drizzly weather, I don't think it's going to be a weekend for getting out and about though.

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, I hope your Mum loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine, I came here from Ravelry. This is a beautiful scarf. I really hope your mum liked it and that you both had a nice Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :) She did like it and put it on (and the 'matching' hat) and paraded around her kitchen on Sunday morning!

    ReplyDelete