... but I have.
Yesterday, in fact, my 'February Lady Sweater' became wearable. I finished the knitting last week, but had to find buttons. The yarn is a magenta pucey purpley pink, mauve and light pink variegated, so finding buttons was not necessarily going to be an easy task. I took to ebay and found some 28mm plastic buttons which said they were 'pink'. I clicked to make the picture bigger and decided that the pink was too light; too baby-pinkish. I carried on looking and a page or so further on, saw the same buttons, but this time flagged as 'purple'. I clicked to make the picture bigger and decided that although they didn't look what I'd call a proper purple, they were quite a nice lilac and might do, so ordered them. At £1.94 for 10, including P&P, if they looked awful, it wasn't too much of a loss.
Anyhow, they arrived yesterday in the post and I opened the envelope wondering if they'd be a suitable colour and hoping that they would be.
I'm pleased with the way this turned out and it's very comfortable to wear (naughty me - I haven't wet blocked it at all; I gave it a once-over with the iron this morning before I wore it to knitting group!).
Pattern: February Lady Sweater. Large size knitted on 4mm needles, omitting the lace pattern below the yoke.
Yarn: Fyberspates - heavy sock yarn really as the package said 350m per 100g. Bought on sale - 10 x 50g balls for £15 I think; a bargain! Eight balls used, so 100g left to make some socks.
In other knitterly news, the Burridge Lake Afghan is coming along, but still quite slowly. I'm nearly halfway through the third panel, so another 12 and a bit 16-row repeats. After that, it'll be time to sew the three panels together and knit the top and bottom border bits... but I'll talk about that another day.
Have a lovely weekend :)