Tuesday 24 April 2012

3KCBWDAY2 - Perfect Craft Day

I've gone for the wildcard topic today as my photographic inspiration was somewhat lacking.

Craft Your Perfect Day
Plan your fantasy day with your craft, It might just take up one hour of your day or be the entire focus of the day, but tell your readers where you'd love to craft, whether you'd craft alone or with friends, knitting or crocheting something simple or spending a day learning new skills.

My perfect, fantasy craft day would begin when I woke up naturally to a quiet house.  No alarm to tell me it's time to get up and chivvy children; no dog requiring to be let out into the garden; no chickens shouting that they want me to come and give them something to eat and sort out their water bowl because they've knocked it over again.  In my fantasy craft day, someone else would have done all that and then gone away, leaving me on my own.

After a leisurely breakfast of whatever I felt like having to eat, it would be just me and the radio, a few well-chosen CDs or some crafting podcasts.  I might start a new project, or pick up something I've been working on.  My yarn wouldn't snag or tangle, likewise the cords on my circular needles.  My pattern would stay put and not move.  The weather would be nice and bright, but not too sunny, so that I could take decent photos (for once).  I wouldn't make any mistakes, drop stitches, read the wrong line of a chart or realise halfway along a row of crochet that I'm using the wrong colour. 

I could live with a day like that.

2 comments:

  1. Nicole Thompson24 April 2012 at 16:03

    Me too. I fantasise about going away to a knitting retreat! Sad little life I have, good coffee, nice bit of chocolate and some scrummy yarn and I'm Soooo happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rather like the sound of your perfect day.

    ReplyDelete