I also wanted to put up a new curtain track and new curtains in the dining room. I bought two sets of the same curtains and the ones in the bay window of the lounge have been up for months, but we'd never quite got round to doing the dining room ones. After a fair bit of cursing, grrr-ing and frustration (our walls are plasterboard) on my part and hubby coming to the rescue at the weekend with his strength, it was finally up and, apart from shortening them by about 15cm/6", the curtains are now up.
All this has eaten into my knitting/crocheting/spinning time, especially when it's come to finishing things off. DD1's green hoodie is finished and is now on a quick wash/low spin cycle of the machine. Mother-in-law's scarf needs blocking (or washing, drying and steam-blocking; I'm really running out of time on this one).
I do have one or two things to show off though.
First off, a hat:
The hat took less than one 100g ball of yarn and although I seemed to be ribbing for England, I'm very pleased with it and would use this pattern again (the pattern booklet also has a hat variation where the brim's ribbed but the crown of the hat is in stocking stitch - maybe I'll do that one next time).
Here's our Christmas tree. It got put up the weekend before last and is mostly the work of DD2. DD1 and I put on the lights and the tinsel, but bauble placement is courtesy of my youngest. She insisted we put the paper angel she made at school three or four years ago on the top of the tree, as we have done ever since she brought it home. It's getting a bit tatty now, the wings are a bit curled up, her head is rather bowed and she's lost a lot of her glitter. DD2 was also Director of Operations when it came to putting up the other decorations. She stood there telling her father where each one was to be pinned!
I've been doing some spinning (as a bit of stress-buster really) so if all goes to plan I'll be back tomorrow to show you the resulting yarn.