I had 150g of some wool/nylon blend fibre (but I've lost the label and can't remember what breed of sheep the wool's from) so I took off 50g and put that away for future use:
I had a 100g 'bump' of some brown (moorit) Shetland roving:
Then I put my jumbo flyer and bobbin on my wheel and gave my legs a good workout plying the three singles together (over the course of two days). I'd intended to make two skeins of a similar size, but the bobbin looked like it might take the whole lot, so I kept treadling until the first single (the Burnt Almonds Fingerwolle) ran out. I ended up with this:
Having the two other singles left on bobbins, I then plyed them until the Shetland ran out and got 56 metres out of 26g. I still had some of the multicoloured cream/yellow/orange/brown single left, so navajo plyed that and got a 12g mini-skein that's 20.5 metres in length.
The three yarns together:
I'm really pleased with these spinning results. I feel as though I've made a proper improvement in my spinning over the last 12 months.
I'm about to start on a big spinning project. I've got 500g of North Ronaldsay roving which I'm planning on spinning into a sweater's worth of yarn. A bit of a big undertaking, so wish me luck.
I'm hoping to get in one or two more blog posts before the end of the year as I've got other FOs to show off, but if time doesn't allow it, I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.