Friday 10 February 2012

Two New Things

I mentioned yesterday that I've started two new projects in the last week.

First off, I started some plain socks using some Regia Flusi Monster yarn I recently bought from Kemps at £1.39 a 50g ball.  I'm not sure if I'm going to try and match these - I don't usually bother.  I cast them on at knitting group last Friday morning and if I'd really wanted them to match, I'd have started the JMCO at a point where the yarn changed colour so I could do the second sock the same.  However, I just cast on (because I was probably chatting) and away I went.

They're quite jaunty and bright, aren't they.  I went off self-striping yarn for a while, but I'm liking it again now.

Ooh - the Fairy tin; let me tell you about that.  I was in the supermarket and on my list was dishwasher tablets.  I'm not a particularly brand-loyal kind of shopper - for things such as dishwasher tablets, laundry stuff and loo rolls, it tends to be supermarket own-brand unless there's an offer on one of the more expensive brands.  However, on that day, I spotted this tin.  It cost about 30p more than buying a bag of the same number of Fairy dishwasher tablets, but did I look at the tin and think "must get one for storing the dishwasher tablets"?  Of course not - my first thought was "just the right size to carry a pair of socks or shawl".  In truth, I've got a Finish tin for my dishwasher tablets that I think hubby bought - although the lid's fallen off that.

Anyway, back to new castings-on.  The second thing I've started is Tinder by Jared Flood/Brooklyn Tweed.  I'm using some Patons Diploma Aran in a steel grey colour that I bought, ooh, probably three years ago now.  As with most Jared Flood designs, the pattern's well-written and easy to follow.

I haven't done a huge amount, but I only cast on a couple of days ago and that ribbing's 4.5" long.

I'll let you know how I get on with this.  Hopefully much better than my St Brigid which is on the back-burner at the moment due to not having time or space to get on with it in peace.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Fairy tin as a sock knitting box, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete