Two weeks ago I showed you the ribbing and the start of the waffle pattern of the Tinder cardigan/jacket I'd started a couple of days before.
Well, the back's done:
Here's a close-up of the stitch pattern:
It's all going very well and I think it's going to be a nice length (i.e. bum-covering) and the fabric's nice. The only thing I've changed is the raglan edgings. The pattern says that on every right-side row, to k1, p1, ssk, work in pattern until 4 sts remain and then k2tog, p1, k1. Then, when sewing the pieces together, you do mattress stitch with a half-stitch scene, so you get one knit (V) stitch going up the centre of each raglan, with a purl ridge either side. However, I didn't really like the way that ribbed edge was working, so I've done k2, ssk, work to last 4 sts, k2tog, k2 and I prefer the smoother look and don't think it will look too bulky when it's finished. I might also have a one-stitch seam allowance on the raglans and fiddle about when it comes to picking up the collar stitches if I need to.
The only downside to this is that it's been a while since I made anything in a yarn heavier than DK and I think it's aggravating my left wrist, which I wrenched a few weeks ago when out walking Jess and she suddenly saw a cat and took off after it (despite being on her extendable lead). I think it'll be worth it. As it's going so well, I ordered some buttons from eBay a couple of days ago - pewter 3/4" ones, which I hope will be big enough (that's the size the pattern said).
As with all Jared Flood/Brooklyn Tweed patterns, the instructions are clear and I don't find myself scratching my head trying to work out what the designer actually means, or how many times to repeat that part of the pattern, etc. There's one minor niggle about the raglan edge just after the underarm stitches have been cast off, but it's a very small thing indeed.
Having worked on Tinder almost exclusively over the last two weeks (according to my Ravelry notes I started it on 8 Feb), the Zig-zag Rainbow Ripple blanket hasn't been touched in ages and I still haven't finished the first of the yellow Flusi-monster socks, but I have done some spinning and now have 2 bobbins of the Colinette paintbox merino spun up and one more to go before I ply the yarn. Photos next time.